INTERACTIVE GAMES

martes, 10 de noviembre de 2020

READING: I can only see benefits

 Hello everyone:

If you know me, you should know how much I love reading novels about history, and If you don´t know me, this will be a good way to know more about my "Reading Life". 

Firstly, I will answer some questions about the images and I will compare them with my own habits and feelings.

Then I am going to talk briefly about my preferences in L1 and L2 reading. Finally I´ll let you know my interests in reading and an interesting advice.

The images of the activity are showing different kinds of texts: books, newspapers, e- texts, …

I think the majority of them are reading for pleaure, except children at the school, which presumably the same book was choosen for them.

The way are they feeling is really changeable depending of the picture:

In the first one, people are reading for pleaure or looking for information about any kind of subject they are interested in. So, they feel comfortable and curious about their new discoveries.

In the second one, I believe that the colour of the photo informs that maybe the girl is explaining her mother curative advantages of the flowers. The¡ mum felt astonished, because they are discovering new information that can help with the health of the family.

Possibly, the third picture, the reader device is commonly used nowadays. The person who is reading,merely is feeling anxoious because is learning to read in a new way.

The fourth photo is a real image of a reading class group: all together, in silence, reading the same book…In my opinión, perhaps the 60% of the class is boring.

In the last photo, the man is actually feeling free of read what he wants, where he wants. That´s what exactly feel when I am reading.

If I look for similarities in the pictures about my reading experience, definetly I will choose the first and the fouth ones.

The first one is the way I grew up, sorrounded by books at home. My older brother had a big library and I used to go to his bedroom and read there. On the contrary, when I read in English, it is usually because I have to study, or read a text in the classroom, or reading books for the C1 certificate, not for pleasure, mainly imposed.

 I consider myself a huge reader. Since I could remember, I have always had a book between my hands.

In L1, I usually read every kind of text you can imagine: novels, poetry, lyrcs, magazines, blogs, articles…but in L2, I read informative text about Education, like websites, blogs, articles, textbooks…and sometimes, for pleasure, I love reading English and American lyrics and short stories.

Dealing with this answer , I have to say that I choose the text, specially L2, taking into account the level of difficulty. Furthermore, I usually look for an interesting topic.

I prefer to read on paper, but two years ago my family gave me an e-book in Christmas , and recently I used to read there.

I can read everywhere and in every moment, but my perfect time to read is before going to sleep.

I love reading on holidays, as a way of relaxing of a hard day, for pleasure, at the beach…

To sum up, I can´t stop reading because I only see benefits with this skill: READING improves my vocabulary, makes me grown culturally, it is a way of desconexion… I DO LOVE READING!!

My advice: Read and you will see your body and soul grow up.




1 comentario:

  1. I agree with you. The benefits of Reading are endless and we grow with each story we read. Reading gives us a better understanding of the world.

    ResponderEliminar