INTERACTIVE GAMES

miércoles, 16 de diciembre de 2020

PROJECT: LONDON TOUR WITH GENIALLY


Hello readers!!

Today, I am so excited to show you a big project that you can carry out in your class!!It´s being a success in my class and they are asking for more!!

First of all, I have to say that the project is a collaboration between teacher and students: I decided that LONDON was the central topic of that “speaking project” and they decided the activities we did.

I am going to explain you the project with all the steps that we followed. This project is designed for a class of 5th level of Primary Education but you can adapt it to your own class.

1.   PLANNING GROUPS

As you know, I love planning groups. I use a variety of games, technics and activities for it.

In this case they set up the pairs taking into account their MONTH OF BIRTH (it could be the same month, consecutive months,…)

 

2.  CHOOSING THE TOPIC AND THE ACTIVITIES.

I would like that my students were aware to the culture of the English speaking countries divertsity and at the same time, to review the different vocabulary and structures of the term.

For this reason, I have chosen LONDON as a central topic. Then, my hope is to design some others using IRELAND, CANADA, AUSTRALIA…

Later, we discuss in class different speaking activities, that we had done in the class during the term and they liked it. Everyone wrote one activity down a paper and we put it all together in a box.

At home, I read the papers and I classified them into categories or topics: TRANSPORTS, FAMILY, PREPOSITIONS, FOOD…

Next, I decided 5 activities (they will be challenges in our project), and they review all the vocabulary and structures of the term.

 

3.   MAIN AIM OF THE PROJECT

As a result of this process, I have created this project. The main objective of the project is to develop the speaking skill (mainly) through the use of dialogues, activities, games…

At the same time we will work the following objectives:

-       Foster cooperative work.

-       Know how to use the ICTs in a good way.

-       Develop creativity and imagination.

-       Look for information about the Royal Family.

The project reviews vocabulary and structures that we worked this term:

-          TRANSPORTS: ORDERING A TAXI

-          CITY: ORDERING AT A RESTAURANT

-          FOOD: SHOPPING LIST (VOCABULARY)

-          PREPOSITIONS: FIND DIFFERENCES

-          FAMILY: ROYAL FAMILY (VOCABULARY)

 

4.  TIMING

The project has plenty of timing uses:

-          You can use it as a review to finish the term.

-          You can use it as a review of the end of the year.

-          You can use it for an specific topic, working all the skills.

And, why is it so versatile? Because you can change the topics, the city, the activities…and adapt it to your class level.

We can divide the challenge in two sessions: one to prepare the activity and the second one to the explanations.

5.   LET´S START: NARRATIVE AND BREAK EDU

So, the project is created with the tool “Geniai.ly” which I love. It is one of my best discoveries of these years!!

It is a “digital tour” to know London. In this tour, I use a narrative to introduce the topic: My class and I travel to London and I get lost. My students need to complete 5 challenges to discover the place where I am.

The challenges are the activities that we previously selected from the box.

Every challenge is settled in a famous place of the city. With this situation, I want my students to learn about the city while they are working and having fun.

For example, the first challenge is established in “PICADILLY CIRCUS”.

If they click on “FIRST STOP: PICADILLY CIRCUS”, they watch a video tour walking in London to go to Picadilly.

If they click on the challenge, students would need to know how to order a taxi to go to the next place. If they do it well, they get a clue (two letters) that are related to the place where I am waiting for them.

To represent the dialogue, they can be dressed as a taxi driver, or as a waitress…depending on the task.

At the end of the project, if they complete correctly al the challenges, they will find me and they will get a “musical” surprise!!!


6.    EVALUATION

The evaluation of this project is based mostly in observation.

It is a review, so all this contents are evaluated yet. This activity should be useful for reinforcement, or as a way of improvement of the speaking skill.

I use an observation chart where I note down, how children are improving the speaking skill: the gestures, the intonation, the pronunciation, the creativity…


To summarize, I would like to say that I am happy and thankful to this tool. It allows you to create presentations, interactive games, interactive images, infographics…

In this particular case, it helps my students to be motivated and love learning English!!

They feel comfortable with the tool because it is easy to follow and they understand the tasks useful for their future.

This is the link to access to the project.

 

LONDON TOUR PROJECT

 

. I send you my best wishes!!




No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario